TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE SITE EVAULATION WORKING GROUP
The Site Working Group shall be responsible for the following:
- Identify potential sites for consideration.
- Identify assessment criteria taking into account National Planning Policy, Sustainability, EU Regulations, relevant policies in the emerging South Oxfordshire Local Plan, and residents views.
- Develop a site database and electronic assessment system to carry out the evaluation of the sites.
- Recommend to the Advisory Group a list of sites suitable for development.
- Participate in a public consultation on the sites.
- Arrange to review individual site assessments with the landowners/developers.
- Make any adjustments to the site assessments as necessary arising from the reviews with the landowners/developers.
- Make recommendations on the sites to the Advisory Group.
- Provide updates on progress to the Advisory Group.
In carrying out the duties assigned to the group, the following considerations shall apply:
- The site assessments shall be carried out in a fair, unbiased manner with no pre-determination of the outcome.
- The site assessments shall be based solely on the criteria and rules agreed with the Advisory Group.
- Where necessary, members of the Working Group shall seek clarification of the details of a site from the landowner/developer.
- The Working Group shall also offer landowners/developers the opportunity to provide further clarification of the details of their site.
- A member of the Working Group with an interest in a site due to proximity, personal or financial connection shall not be involved in the assessment of that site.
- A member of the Working Group with an interest in a site due to proximity, personal or financial connection shall not be involved in the discussion of the assessment of that site with the landowner/developer.