WHAT YOU SAID
An amazing 70% of the village responded to the survey - ensuring the answers are relevant and meaningful.
Next will be a village consultation on Sat 13th May (10AM-2PM).
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SURVEY
- Half the respondents agree that a limited number of houses between now and 2033 is acceptable.
- A slight preference for houses to be for first time buyers and young families.
- A decided preference for new homes to be part rent part owned, or completely owned.
- Very high support for new housing to be on sites of less than 25 new homes.
- A preference for 2 and 3 bed terraced or semi-detached homes.
- Continuing concern about traffic – particularly along Greenmore.
- A strong requirement to avoid making the problems at the Co-op junction, the War Memorial Crossroads and outside the schools worse.
Woodcote sits completely in the Chilterns Area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB)
- Very strong support for prioritising the use of brownfield land and protecting the AONB.
- Very strong support for maintaining the open character of the village.
More details are available in the results presentation, which will also be made available in the Library.